Talking With God
You have to Be Able to communicate with God
Why you need this to be a World Changer
- The Bible is our guide to make it through our daily life.
word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105
- God will answer our prayers and do incredible things
Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and
mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3
God tells us through the Bible…
(II Timothy 3:16-17)
- What is right! - Doctrine.
Jesus said to him, "you shall
love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your
soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like it: Your shall love your neighbor
as yourself." Matthew
- What is wrong! - Reproof. These six things the Lord hate, Yes,
seven are an abomination to Him: a proud look, a lying
tongue, hand that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked
plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false
who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren.
- How to get right! - Correction. If we confess
our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and
to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have
we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. I John 1:9-10
- How to stay right! - Instruction in righteousness. I beseech
you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that
you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable
to God, which
is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed
to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your
you may prove what is that good and acceptable and
perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2
How to Pray …
- Praise God for how great He is - Adoration.
Therefore by Him
let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that
is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. Hebrews 13:15
- Confess your sins - Forgiveness.
If we confess
our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to
us from all unrighteousness. I John 1:9
- Express your gratitude for all God has done for you
Oh, give thanks to
the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 118:1
- Pray for others - Intercession.
I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions,
giving of thanks
be made for all men. I Timothy 2:1
- Ask God for the things you need - Supplication.
any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, who
all liberally and
without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5
How to communicate with God
- Have a set time and place each day when and where you
spend with God.
- Keep a journal of what God is saying to you.
- Don't give up … be persistent.
One Last Thought
God communicates with us through both the Bible and prayer.
He can not talk with us, though, if we do not know Him personally
or spend time with Him on a regular basis!
PREVIOUS SERMON | NEXT SERMON