Who are you in the dark
You have to Be a person of integrity
Why you need this to be a World Changer
- Our world is starving for people of integrity.
Integrity is the glue that holds together a person's words
- 65% of America's
high school students say that they would cheat on an
- 53% said they would lie to protect a friend who vandalizes
Challenges to Integrity
- No one will know.
- Just this once.
- People who play by the rules finish last.
- I'm only taking what I deserve.
What People of Integrity Know
(that others don't)
- God sees, even if no one else does.
O God, You know my foolishness;
and my sins are not hidden from You. Psalm 69:5
- Integrity is destroyed one decision at a time.
Let your eyes
look straight ahead … do not turn to the right
or the left; remove your foot from evil. Proverbs 4:25,
- Integrity demands a high price.
So it was,
when his master heard the words which his wife spoke to him,
servant did to me after this manner," that his anger
was aroused. Then Joseph's master took him and put him
prison, a place where the king's prisoners were confined.
The Benefits of Integrity
- Peace and joy that comes from a clear conscience.
He who walks
with integrity walks securely, but he who perverts his
ways will become known. Proverbs 10:9
- An increase in spiritual vitality
(a closeness to God and an increasing awareness of His presence).
Lord, who may abide
in Your tabernacle? Who may dwell in Your holy hill?
walks uprightly, and work righteousness, and speaks
the truth in his heart… Psalm 15:1-2 (This whole Psalm
deals with character.)
- Integrity opens the door to God's blessings. It leads
And the keeper of the prison committed to
Joseph's hand all
the prisoners who were in the prison; whatever
they did there, it was his doing. The keeper of the prison did
anything that was under Joseph's authority, because
the Lord was with him; and whatever he did, the Lord made it
prosper. Genesis 39:22-23
How to Increase Your Personal Integrity
- Take a ruthless inventory of your life. (Psalm 139:23)
- Confess to God. (I John 1:9)
- Pay attention to the little things. (Luke 16:10)
- Find someone you can be accountable to. (James 5:16)
One Last Thought
God wants to use you for incredible things! Can He trust you
with the big stuff? Who are you in the dark?
PREVIOUS SERMON | NEXT SERMON