Are you committed?
You have to live a life of commitment
Why you need this to be a World Changer
- 55% of all marriages end in divorce
- 85% of students stop going to church after graduation
- 65% never go back to church on a consistent basis
- 35% of all "born again" Christians
are in church on any given Sunday
- 20% of Christian teenagers read there Bible daily, 40% rarely
or never read their Bible
What Should We Be Committed To
Jesus said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with
all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the
manner of some, but exhorting one another, and
so much the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:25
Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly
love, in honor giving preference to one another. Romans 12:10
Why It's Hard To Be Committed
- We are afraid of negative peer pressure and the World's
pleasures. Be strong and of good courage,
do not fear nor be afraid of them, for the Lord your God, He
is the One who goes with you,
not leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
- We are selfish. We have the wrong priorities, we are too busy,
or have a poor self-image.
Let nothing be done through selfish ambition
or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each
esteem others better
than himself. Philippians 2:3
The Benefits of Being Committed
- Faith - ability to do incredible things for God.
said, "Come." And
when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on
the water to go to Jesus." Matthew 14:29
- Hope - eternal life.
In hope of eternal life which God, who
cannot lie, promised before time began. Titus 1:2
- Love - we all want to be loved.
And we have known
and believed the love that God has for us.
God is love, and he who
abides in love abides in God, and God in him. I John 4:16
Steps to being more committed to Christ
- Begin a relationship with God that is real and personal.
God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten
Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have
everlasting life. John 3:16
- Surround yourself with Christian friends.
As iron sharpens
iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his
friends. Proverbs 27:17
- Be in church as much as possible.
Not forsaking the assembling
of ourselves together, as is the manner of some,
but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the
approaching. Hebrews 10:25
- Choose to follow God.
And Elijah came to all the people,
and said, "How long will you falter between
two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him;
but if Baal, follow
him." I Kings 18:21
One Last Thought
At some point in our lives we are going to have to make a choice
what we are going to do with our lives. Today is that
Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve… Joshua
PREVIOUS SERMON | NEXT SERMON