Pre-Day 1: Commissioning Day
you make a commitment before God in front of other.
Therefore, since we are surrounded by
such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything
that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us
run with perseverance the race marked out for us. So, therefore
we fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. Hebrews
- If possible, be commissioned by a pastor at your church in front of the congregation. Have a prayer partner stand with you. The pastor should ask you the following questions:
- Will you pray for the unbelieving students in your school?
- Will you carry out The 40-Day Challenge assignments
to the best of your ability?
- What will you fast that is a sacrifice to you?
- Who is praying for you? Every student needs an adult
prayer partner for encouragement and accountability. We
suggest weekly contact between you and your partner.
- After you answer these questions, the pastor can then pray over
you. Anointing oil may be used at this time as a symbol of the
presence and power of the Holy Spirit abiding in you.
- If you cannot be commissioned during the morning worship service,
then ask your pastor if you can be commissioned during the evening
service, a Sunday School class, or a youth meeting.
- If a pastor isn't available, then have your parents or another
respected adult commission you.
Want to Go Extreme
If you would like to take The 40-Day Challenge even further this
year, login at Extreme Days.
Every Sunday, we'll supply the password for the week and you can
go above and beyond the call of duty with a bigger and better Extreme
can be fun and exciting and usuallly involve getting a group together.
The access code is: JOURNALS