Guidelines for Commissioning Day
On Commissioning Day, you
make a commitment before God in front of others. Here
are ideas for this very important day:
- If possible, be commissioned by a pastor at your church
in front of the congregation. Have a prayer partner stand
with you. The pastor should ask you the following questions:
- Will you pray for the unbelieving students in your
- Will you carry out The 40-Day Challenge assignments
to the best of your ability?
- What will you fast that is a sacrifice to you?
- Who is praying for you? Every student needs an adult
prayer partner for encouragement and accountability.
We suggest weekly contact between you and your partner.
- After you answer these questions, the pastor can then pray
over you. Anointing oil may be used at this time as a symbol
of the presence and power of the Holy Spirit abiding in you.
- If you cannot be commissioned during the morning worship
service, then ask your pastor if you can be commissioned
during the evening service, a Sunday School class, or a youth
- If a pastor isn't available, then have your parents or
another respected adult commission you.
Note: Make your commitment as public
as possible so you will be held accountable!
What If I Miss Boot
Camp or Commissioning Day?
You can start this journey at any time. If you hear about it on
the radio or elsewhere and want to jump in, feel free. You should
still be commissioned before you begin. Get going early!
Need a Journal?
Find out how to get one on the Get
the Goods page.
Want a T-Shirt?
Get a 40-Day Challenge T-shirt to wear Day 1 to See You at the
Pole and every Wednesday throughout the Challenge. Find out
And don't forget
to sign up for the 40-Day Newsletter!
You will get every day's Challenge, plus news and other special
announcements, emailed straight to you. You can sign up at the home
The newsletter will also include the access code to participate
in Extreme Days.
Good luck, and we hope this year's 40-Day
Challenge is the best yet!
GO TO COMMISSIONING DAY