Guidelines for Preparing Your
Personal Salvation Testimony
Use with Day 23, Rescue 911
Download PDF to Print
will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don't have it, you can download
it here for free.)
time comes to create and share you own personal salvation testimony,
the following guidelines will help you out.
Before Receiving Christ
- Give 1 or 2 specific examples of your lifestyle, attitudes, etc.
can relate your church involvement and attitudes, but don't
- Don't brag about sin.
How you received christ
(Be very specific) In this part, you are sharing the gospel,
so a person will know how to receive Jesus Christ as Savior
These are some verses you can use:
John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 3:24, Romans 3:10,
3:19-20, 3:23, 5:8, 6:23, 7:7, 10:9-10.
Here are some specific areas to cover
how you were confronted with the fact that you had broken
God’s Law (the Ten Commandments), and because
of this you deserved judgement from God.
- Explain how this made you see your desperate need
- Explain how you received Christ into your life.
(i.e. through repenting
of your sins, asking God to forgive you and asking
Jesus to be the Lord and Savior of your life)
† If you use the words “saved” and/or “born
again”, be sure to explain.
After you Received Christ
- What changes have you noticed since receiving Jesus
Savior and Lord? Attitudes? Parents? Social
life? Direction and purpose in life? Give
- Have the changes been immediate or gradual?
- What problems or struggles have you had since becoming
Christian? Do you handle these problems
or struggles any
- What are the benefits of having a personal relationship
It should be our desire to present Jesus Christ
in such a clear and attractive, yet simple way,
those who hear
him as well.